Somebody very close to me lost her father day before yesterday. She lived in a faraway city and could not reach on time. She tried but still reached too late.
I live far away too and this fear of inescapable calamities is gnawing at my heart. I want to strike a bargain with Time - totally delusional no doubt - but let dreamers dream and pathetic versifiers doodle away.
Dear Time
Do not race when lovers kiss
Let them have their moment’s bliss
Do not hustle and bustle
Let the leaves in the wind rustle
Do not hurry on a starry night
When a tired man sleeps so tight
But when there is a storm, never tarry
When there is a mishap, never harry
Dance away when I am lonesome
Run when I am sad and glum
But hang on when I am having fun
With my friends out in the sun
When I say “please,” You stop
Be it to read or sing or shop
And then when I say, “You may,”
You can get up and go your way.
And when my steps grow weary
Be at my side, all cheery
Then I will dance along with You
And sing the same song anew.
2 days ago

6 comments:
Trying your hand at poetry now? :)
My heart goes out to your friend....With geographical distances widening between us and our loved ones, reaching in time to say that last good bye is no longer something we can take for granted, is it?
A horrible attempt it I should say. Well, I can't go beyond totally predictable aabb rhyme-schemed verses.
Actually, had penned a really depressing, pessimistic post about distances and good-byes. Gave it up at the last minute. No point in worsening things further.
Hey, don't be hard on urself...It sounded fine to me..:) :)
Why don't you publish the original morbid post anyway? Am sure it can't be as bad you make it out to be.....
Liked your verse but i hate to read about pessimistic stuff. To our pessimistic selves, it doesn't take much for a slide into a pool of sorrow
Time and Tide wait for none.
But the way you have asked Time to dance to your tunes, iam sure it will stop when you say 'please'.
I liked the verse and well written.
achu
Roopa,
You are just the poet for me. Anything other an aabb rhyme-schemed verses is beyond my comprehension. :-)
Reminds me of a quote "I wish I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours. "
Cheers,
Salil
Post a Comment