Monday, November 24, 2008

A Butterfly to Share

I got a beautiful butterfly yesterday. It is not as much the beauty of it as the thought behind sharing it that makes it all the more treasurable. Thank you, Usha. It truly means a world to me.

Let me share it with the people whose blogs have guided and entertained me, both in more or less equal measure.

1. Ganga - My mentor in the world of blogging. My old schoolmate. She opened doors to this vast and exciting world that I never knew existed. She writes with a sensitivity that touches your heart strings. Her words flit around like butterflies, playful and enchanting. Here is a butterfly to the master butterfly-maker :).

2. Rekz - Thomas Hardy gave us Wessex, Faulkner gave us Yoknapatawpha, and Rekz gives us the extremely fascinating feline world of Moggies - a fun world of threesome, where she is the alpha cat, where mutinies, fights, victories and defeats are a way of life and rib-tickling laughter is always at hand. Here is a butterfly for making me laugh so wholeheartedly.

3. Arch - Our stations in life are a whole lot similar in that we both have impossibly naive three- to four-year-olds who make our lives as colorful as a rainbow. The only difference is that she etches that rainbow so vividly in her blog, where every hue is brilliantly painted with the mastery of an artist and the sensitivity of a mother. Here is a butterfly to you.

Now, these are the instructions I received from Usha, my patron :).

1. Put the logo on the blog. [I saved the picture first and later added it to the blog.]
2. Add a link to the person who presented it to you. [I couldn't really add the link. So I have just mentioned the name of the person who presented it to me.]
3. Pass this one, and link other bloggers that you'd like to share it with.

Hope you will accept this little token of gratitude and appreciation.

18 comments:

Usha Pisharody said...

Congratulations, Roopa :)

And to all those also that you have gifted it to :) Now you too are a "patron" lol [whatta word, my dear :D!!!]

You know the string I have been asked to enter, to submit this comment? "b(r)ighter".. i feel that way now.. lol!!!

Ganges said...

Gosh Roopz, that was lovely...reminded me of 'One-the joy of sharing' a book written by a Japanese lady I met at a conference the other day! And Usha's sure got a great sense of taste :)

Gingerbread & Me said...

Congratulations Roopa, I can't think of anyone more deserving of than you. There have been days when I have read and re-read some of your posts, wishing wistfully that I had written it...
To echo Ganga, Usha does have excellent taste!!!
And thank you for awarding us the butterfly.
Your description of the mad moggies was so incredibly flattering that I am tempted to print it out and frame it for my hall of fame!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats roopa

man in painting said...

Congrats Roopa....
you deserve it more than anybody else...
wishes to you..

Arch said...

was a dodo as usual and said thank you in my blog....hope you saw that..just in case u didnt, thank you, thank you, thank you ;)

Arch said...

psst : i was so thrilled that u thought of me, i forgot ... CONGRATULATIONS!!! :P

Prasanthi Neeladaran said...

Congrats!!!!

For now your readers are requesting for more posts:)

TC

Roopa said...

Usha: Thank you - yet once more :).

Ganga, Rekz, Arch - I meant every word I wrote and more :).

Butterflies: Thank you.

MIP: Thank you. You are always generous in your appreciation :).

Prasanthi: Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Roopa! A well deserved award!

Scribblers Inc said...

butterflies flutter by...congratulations! :D

Scribblers Inc.

Femin Susan said...

Hi………
Absolutely fantastic post! Good job dear!
Great! Keep writing…….
Good week……… Welcome to my blog…….

India for Rule of Law Foundation (IRLF) said...

Hey Roopa, its dev from mumbai.. read "A butterfly to share".. a super cool write up.. though i also try to write or let me say blabber.. but its always so clumsy.. other than than angrassy main haath bhi thodaa taang hai.. any ways good to kno u.. best :)

Roopa said...

Scribblers Inc, Shail: Thank you.

Femin Susan, Jimmy, Devendra: Thank you for visiting and your appreciation.

K said...

Hey!!! congrats ;)

BTW...was reading through this and thought you will be interested ;)

http://www.kutcheribuzz.com/events.asp

Salil said...

Roopa,
Congratulations on your award. As Prasanthi has said I hope this prompts you to write more (probably using simpler words, of course).
Reminds me of this riddle: "Why did the boy throw the butter out of the window? - He wanted to see the butter-fly!"
Cheers,
Salil

man in painting said...

hai
updated
i want you to read it and know your suggestions..

man in painting said...

hai Roopa..
got your suggestions..changed it.thank you so much...
mip